Superbowl Sunday is only TWO days away. And we are gearing up to root on our favorite team, The Patriots. If you don’t already have your #ootd ready to go for the game, check out our selection of Patriots tees and hats. Call ahead to buy your favorite one before they sell out! But before you do that, we put together a few tips and tricks to have the ultimate ~fit girl~ superbowl party. Because, c’mon, we all want to enjoy the chips and dip and buffalo wings, but we don’t want the bloated stomach that comes with it. Here’s how to do that:
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Whether you’re hosting the party or attending a party, you should offer to make the dip. At least this way you can make it with your own healthy ingredients, and you won’t feel so bad about downing seven chip-fulls in three minutes.
- 4 oz. (half a block) reduced-fat (or fat-free) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I prefer Frank’s)
- 1/2 cup crumbled light/low-fat blue cheese
- 1 Tbsp. ranch seasoning (optional)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until well-mixed. Transfer mixture to a small greased baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges begin to slightly brown.
- Remove and serve immediately.
I’ve personally used this recipe before and it is DE-LISH. Seriously. It’s really good. Thanks to Gimme Some Oven for the recipe. Serve it with multigrain pita chips or Tostitos to save a few more calories. Or get really crazy and cut up some carrots and celery. Perfect.
Touchdown Tone It:
Every time you’re favorite team, ahem, the Patriots, score a touchdown, do some abs! Touchdowns are worth 6 points, plus the extra point if they make the field goal. So every time your team scores a touchdown, do 7 sit ups! At the end of each quarter, do the total score number amount in sit ups.
Here’s a quick reference with more work outs:
Half Time Dance Off:
Katy Perry is taking over this year’s half time show, and love her or hate her, you have to admit her songs are pretty damn catchy. Dance along to each song. Do a cartwheel. Spin around with your friends. Stretch it out. Get low. Get moving during half time and you’ll burn off those wings you ate during the first quarter.
Skinny Girl Beergaritas:
If you’re thinking you’ll just drink wine — don’t! Wine may seem like a good option when you’re trying to stay light, but it’ll be hard to pound down with everyone who is drinking beer and it might give you a headache in the long run. Here’s the alternative: make a pitcher of this beergarita recipe that we found from Eat Yourself Skinny and when it’s gone, you can drink the leftover low-calorie beer.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 2 cups frozen limeade (see recipe)
- 2 bottles of light beer (get more to have leftovers for later)
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 cup fresh lime juice + 2 limes for zesting
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup Stevia
- To make the limeade: Zest two limes. In a large saucepan, combine water, Stevia and lime zest and heat until Stevia is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature. Stir in lime juice and freeze your limeade concentrate until ready to use.
- To make the beer-garitas: In a pitcher, combine frozen limeade, 2 beers and 1/2 cup of tequila.
- Place pitcher in the freezer overnight until frozen through, then mix so that it is in slushy form and serve.
Our favorite low calorie beer is Michelob Ultra. It comes in at 95 calories per bottle. Bud Light, Coors Light and even Corona Light are all a little bit over 100 calories per bottle. Or even opt for a Michelob Ultra flavor and you still get a fruity, tropical feel without the hassle of making a frozen drink.
These are just a few of the many ways you get can Superbowl ready. You don’t have to forget your healthy habits because of a game.
Join in on the fun and do it your way! Challenge whoever you’re with to do the workouts with you, and it’ll turn out way more fun than you’d expect.
Check out our selection of Patriots tees and sweatshirts and call to hold your favorite before they sell out!
We also have a limited supply of hats available:
Store Hours: M-S 10:00-7:00pm
Phone: (781) 558-2491