Summer weddings are officially upon us. Choosing what to wear to a summer wedding–or any wedding, can be tricky. With warmer weather, it’s tough to predict if you’ll get caught in a summer rainstorm, or sticky humidity. Don’t stress too much, you should feel comfortable and gorgeous, because after all, it’s not your wedding!!
Tips to keep in mind:
- Dress for the time and place of the ceremony and reception.
- Definitely DO wear a dress. Just because your summer wardrobe is a lot more casual, doesn’t mean you can’t dress up for a nice occasion.
- Keep color in mind. Black can be nice for the right event, but don’t be afraid of mint, coral, lime, and cobalt!
- Keep the color of your skin in mind. Many of us get quite a few shades darker in the summer months. Make sure your dress or outfit goes nicely with your skin tone.
- Choose complimentary accessories. Whether it be metallics, turquoise gemstones, or coral beading, play around with your accessories.
- Go light on make-up and accessories. If you’re sporting a bold turquoise statement necklace, let that one piece do the talking. Forgo earrings and stacked bracelets and add a simple ring to pull it all together. Ditch the matte lipstick and go with an airy gloss to keep it light. A little goes a long way, especially in the summer time.
Scroll through our top ten dresses for a summer wedding.
Whether you need city-chic or beachy-casual, we’ve got it all.
If none of the following suits your style, CLICK HERE to view all of our dresses.
Cheers to wedding bells! xo.